- The cottage(s) at La Logerie (“the Property(ies)”) is/are offered for holiday rental subject to confirmation by B & G Jones (“the Owners”) to the renter (“the Client”).
- To reserve the “Property”, the Client should complete and sign the booking form and return it together with payment of the initial non-refundable deposit (25% of the total rent due). Following receipt of the booking form and deposit, the Owners will send a confirmation of payment & outstanding amount. This is the formal acceptance of the booking.
- The balance of the rent together with the security deposit (see clause 5) is payable not less than eight weeks before the start of the rental period. If payment is not received by the due date, the Owners reserve the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled. The Client will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent unless the Owners are able to re-let the Property. In this event, clause 6 of these booking conditions will apply. Reservations made within eight weeks of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of booking.
- Any chargeable expenses arising during the rental period (e.g. telephone calls) should be settled locally with the Owners or their agent before departure.
- A security deposit of £200 per cottage is required in case of, for example, damage to the property or its contents. However, the sum reserved by this clause shall not limit the Client’s liability to the Owners. The Owners will account to the Client for the security deposit and refund the balance due within two weeks after the end of the rental period.
- Subject to clauses 2 and 3 above, in the event of a cancellation, refunds of amounts paid will be made if the Owners are able to re-let the “Property”, and any expenses or losses incurred in so doing will be deducted from the refundable amount. The Client is strongly recommended to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for the Party’s personal belongings, public liability etc., since these are not covered by the Owners insurance.
- The rental period shall commence at 5.00pm on the first day and finish at 10.00am on the last day. The Owners shall not be obliged to offer the accommodation before the time stated and the Client shall not be entitled to remain in occupation after the time stated.
- The maximum number to reside in the “Property” must not exceed that stated in the brochure or other advertising material unless the owners have given written permission.
- The Client agrees to be a considerate tenant and to take good care of the “Property” and to leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period. The Owners reserve the right to make a retention from the security deposit to cover additional cleaning costs if the Client leaves the “Property” in an unacceptable condition. The client also agrees not to act in any way that would cause disturbance to those residents in neighbouring properties.
- The Client shall report to the Owners or their agent without delay any defects in the “Property” or breakdown in the equipment, plant, machinery or appliances in the “Property”, garden or swimming pool, and arrangements for repair and/or replacement will be made as soon as possible.
- The Owners shall not be liable to the Client:
for any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the “Property”, nor in respect of any equipment, plant, machinery or appliance in the “Property”, garden or swimming pool.
for any loss, damage or injury which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond the control of the Owners.
for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the Client if the “Property” shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period and in any such event, the Owners shall, within seven days of notification to the Client, refund to the Client all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
12. The Owner reserves the absolute right to close the pool or restrict the hours of the swimming use for any period of time in circumstances, which the Owner believes in their absolute discretion, to be necessary in the interests of health and safety.
13. The Owner is not responsible for any loss or inconvenience that may be suffered as a consequence of any unforeseen breakdown in the pumping/filtration or any other equipment used in the swimming pool, and for any closure of the swimming pool due to Government and/or local laws prohibiting the use of water for pool maintenance.
14.Under no circumstances shall the Owners liability to the Client exceed the amount paid to the Owners for the rental period.
15.The use of accommodation and amenities where offered such as swimming pool etc. is entirely at the user’s risk and no responsibility can be accepted for injury to a user or visitor and loss or damage to the user’s or visitor’s belongings.
16.No responsibility can be accepted for any loss or damage to any motor vehicle or its contents.
17.The bringing of pets on to the Property is forbidden except with the written permission of the Owner. No camping is permitted on the Property grounds.
This contract shall be governed by English law in every particular including formation and interpretation and shall be deemed to have been made in England. Any proceedings arising out of or in connection with this contract may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction in England.